All NPO and charitable organisations operating in the Paarl valley and surrounding areas are invited to register to become members of Valcare for 2018.
Valcare is one of the largest operating Impact Funding Platforms in the valley, activating and enabling social change in community. Not only do they focus on strategic interventions to ensure sustainable change, but they also have a thriving membership network consisting of almost 200 projects.
When you become a Valcare member, you will be united with a network of like-minded people who all gain from a list of benefits to strengthen and uplift your project.
These benefits include:
- Capacity building: training, internship programmes, volunteer campaigns, donations in kind, useful resources and a membership database.
- Coordinated efforts: Child protection programme, social workers support network, ECD initiative, feeding scheme, skills programme and prison outreaches.
- Encouragement and engagement: events, prayer opportunities, workgroups and think tanks.
- Support: facilities sharing, NPO compliance support, Preferred Service Providers.
- United voice: press statements, advocacy and united engagement.
Valcare also provides funding to projects that address community needs according to the Valcare funding criteria, strategy and intervention areas. All Valcare members can apply to become a funding partner, but please note that being a member does not guarantee this. There are two funding cycles per year, with the next funding proposal deadline being 9 February 2018. The application guidelines and criteria can be found on the Valcare website.
NPO / charity projects who adhere to Valcare’s values and ethos and who will contribute to the combined efforts and strategy of the network.
Valcare membership for the 2018 calendar year: 1 January – 31 December 2018.
If you are currently a Valcare member, your membership will be valid until the end of 2018 and you won’t need to register again or pay additional fees.
Please click here to download the registration form under “Resources”, or collect one from the Valcare offices.
You can then either complete the form yourself and scan / email / fax / deliver it to the Valcare offices, or let Valcare help you complete it electronically by booking an appointment at their offices.
Anytime during the year, but if you want to apply for funding you will need to be a member first.
|Volunteers only / ECD centres||R200|
|1-5 paid staff members.||R400|
|6+ paid staff members.||R600|