Valcare is an Impact Funding Platform that believes that the answer to social change is collaboration. We connect with communities to determine their real needs, assets and potential first and then collaborate with various stakeholders to coordinate a holistic and sustainable impact.
To strengthen our strategic intervention approach, we manage investment funding in carefully selected projects and nonprofit organisations.
Valcare Funding: Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly does Valcare do?
Who can apply for funding?
- All Valcare members can apply for funding.
- If you are not a registered Valcare member yet, you will have to register to become part of our network first, before you can apply.
Click here to download the Membership Application Form.
- If you are currently receiving funding or have received funding in the past, you may apply again.
- Please note that being a member does not guarantee funding.
Why do we need to be a member first before applying for funding?
- Valcare believes in a collaborative, unified approach when it comes to social development. We facilitate a network of over 240 like-minded nonprofit organisations that are all striving to activate and enable social change in community.
- For a minimal annual fee, there are great benefits to network, build capacity, form partnerships, be part of a united voice and stay connected.
What does it cost to become a member?
- Organisations with only volunteers / ECD’s – R200/year
- Organisations with 1-5 paid staff members – R400/year
- Organisations with 6+ paid staff members – R600/year
What is the duration of funding?
Funding allocated will either be for the duration of your project, or up to twelve months, starting at the end of September 2018.
How do I know if I qualify to apply for funding?
Please click here to download the Valcare Funding Proposal Criteria 2018.
What do I need to do to apply for funding?
Please click here to download the Valcare Funding Proposal Guidelines 2018.
When can we apply for funding?
Valcare’s application cycle runs bi-annually in February/March and August/September.
Next deadline: Friday 10 August 2018 at 16:00.