Valcare is a Not for Profit Company (NPC) based in Paarl, Western Cape, with a vision to activate and enable social change in community. We do this through community engagement, needs analysis, strategic interventions and coordinated efforts with key stakeholders, with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) forming a vital aspect of these operations.
Valcare seeks to employ a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in a permanent position, to oversee and manage all aspects of the monitoring and evaluation process.
The key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Valcare Programme Manager to develop, implement and manage a robust monitoring and evaluation system.
- Conduct systematic and evidence based review of projects, programmes, interventions to measure impact, effectiveness and ensure accountability.
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of data leading to documented lessons learnt and recommendations for programme adaptations where necessary.
- In liaison with the Programme Manager assist in the coordination and implementation of the programmes.
- In liaison with the Sustainability Manager assist in the development of high quality funding proposals.
- In liaison with Sustainability Manager ensure Valcare donor, stakeholder and board of directors reporting requirements are met.
- Assist in training of Valcare members in implementation of their own monitoring and evaluation systems.
- A university degree (post graduate degree preferable) in a relevant field including but not limited to monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement, sustainability and community development and investment.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a monitoring and evaluation role.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems at programme level including automated.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Systems and GIS platforms.
- Agreement with Valcare’s core values.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Programme Manager.
- Valcare offers a competitive salary package, including expenses and travel allowances, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Successful applicants will be stationed at the Valcare offices in Paarl but will conduct regular site visits and must be prepared to travel nationally if necessary.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen or have a valid South African work permit.
- Applicants must have their own vehicle and a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Applications, including a letter of motivation and CV, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference M&E Application by midnight Friday 16 February 2018.
- Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.