About Leani Jansen van Vuuren

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Leani Jansen van Vuuren has created 50 blog entries.

Story of Hope: From Shy Girl to Determined Student

#RealHeroes Series KERISHNIE’S  STORY “I was raised by a single mom who is a farmworker. We didn’t have much. My mother was however always passionate about her work and did everything in her power to provide for us. Since I was a girl she would tell me that I should make the most of my life. So when the opportunity came to join the Good Company Programme at the Paarl Youth Initiative, I jumped at the chance. Looking in the mirror [...]

By | January 23rd, 2019|Stories of Hope|0 Comments

Story of Hope: From Hardened Prisoner to Inspiring Mentor

#RealHeroes Series MTHETHELELI’S STORY Mthetheleli (MT) was one of six children, all struggling to live on their mother’s income. His parents did not share the same values, and the tension made life difficult. The children suffered, and became undisciplined. Their community was constantly at war, forcing them to continually seek refuge. MT and his siblings scattered in their own direction. His mother pleaded with him to make the right choices, and not end up in [...]

By | January 7th, 2019|Stories of Hope|0 Comments

Valcare Vacancy: Programme Coordinator

Valcare is a Not for Profit Company (NPC) based in Paarl, Western Cape, with a vision to activate and enable social change in community. We do this through community engagement, needs analysis, strategic interventions and coordinated efforts with key stakeholders, with programme management and delivery forming a vital aspect of these operations. Valcare seeks to employ a full-time Programme Coordinator in a permanent position, to oversee and manage aspects of intervention programme development and delivery. The key duties and [...]

By | December 12th, 2018|Noticeboard|0 Comments

Story of Hope: From Partially Blind to Seeing Beauty

#RealHeroes Series Leen's Story (as told by Elra from Ma's vir Wellington): "Leen is a kind and beautiful young lady who was born with a mental disability. In order to get more stimulation and development, she was invited to join the Avodah programme at Ma’s vir Wellington. I enjoyed working with Leen, but I started to notice that she was always bringing objects very close to her face to figure out what they were. I soon realised that she was [...]

By | December 12th, 2018|Stories of Hope|0 Comments

Watch | Valcare #RealHeroes Video Series: Songelwa’s Story

By | December 4th, 2018|Videos|0 Comments

Watch | Valcare Organisational Overview Video

The #RealHeroes are already in the communities. Valcare is merely here to connect, collaborate and coordinate efforts to ensure a lasting and sustainable impact in South Africa. Watch our overview video to learn more about our four focus areas: Strategic Intervention Membership Network Partnership Funding Corporate Social Investment Button Text

By | November 27th, 2018|Videos|0 Comments

Training Schedule for Nonprofits 2019

Part of Valcare's capacity building initiatives is to present basic and affordable training sessions to nonprofit organisations in the Cape Winelands. These morning workshops are hosted in Paarl and aim to up-skill managers and employees in all areas of running a successful nonprofit organisation. Who may attend the Valcare training sessions? All registered nonprofits and charitable organisations are welcome to attend the training although Valcare members get preferential rates for these sessions. What is the [...]

By | November 5th, 2018|News, Noticeboard|0 Comments

Valcare Membership Network Benefits

Valcare has a thriving membership network with hundreds of like-minded organisations and projects in the Cape Winelands, which contribute to and gain from our collective efforts to activate and enable social change. But why should you become a member? What's in it for you? Here are a couple of Frequently Asked Questions and a list of benefits that will help your organisation. Who can become a Valcare member? All NPO / NGO / charity organisations [...]

By | November 1st, 2018|News, Noticeboard|0 Comments

Story of Hope: From Struggling Youth to Passionate Caregiver

#RealHeroes Series Morgan's Story: “It was during my final school year that my cousin was stabbed in the back with a knife and left paralysed. He moved in with us. My mother and I had to take care of him full-time. It was hectic, but I managed to finish matric. I didn’t know what to do after school. I signed up for so many courses trying to find my place in the world, but never [...]

By | October 17th, 2018|Stories of Hope|0 Comments

Story of Hope: From Prostitute to Positive Change Agent

#RealHeroes Series Shirley's Story: “By the age of 27 I had been raped multiple times. I was addicted to drugs and had sold most of my possessions. I lived on the streets, in trees, in garages and often with dealers. I was physically assaulted by men and caught up in the underworld. I had also become a prostitute. Once, I was abducted by a gang who abused me and clothed me in a bloody shirt as a warning to their rivals. One [...]

By | September 19th, 2018|Stories of Hope|0 Comments