** Please forward your proof of payment and contact details to email@example.com ,so we can keep you updated with the positive impact that your contribution has enabled.**
PROGRESS IN NUMBERS
What’s in the Bag?
The food parcels have been designed in consultation with nutritional and disaster response experts, to ensure that the basic nutritional needs of a family is sufficiently met.
The food packs will include (but is not limited to) items like:
- 5 kg self-raising flour
- 1 x cooking oil
- 1 x bar of soap
- 5 kg maize meal
- 1kg rice
- 4 x 410g baked beans
- 2 x 500g lentils
- 2 x 500g soup mix
- 400g peanut butter
- 2 x soup powder packets
- 2 x 500g pasta
- 1 kg speckled beans
- 1 kg quick samp
- 1 kg instant energy meal for children
- Covid-19 information leaflet
Where are the parcels and vouchers going to?
Valcare is distributing it in close partnership with more than 100 nonprofit member organisations and Inceba Trust Early Childhood Development centres who register to receive and distribute food parcels according to their beneficiary needs. Designated champion organisations coordinate the distribution process in communities like Mbekweni, New Rest, Wellington, Lantana, Chicago, Klapmuts, Simondium and Gouda.
Official Coronavirus Resources
- Covid-19 Home Isolation Information_Afrikaans
- Covid-19 Home Isolation Information_English
- Covid-19 Home Isolation Information_Xhosa
- Coronavirus Basic Info Sheet_Afrikaans
- Coronavirus Basic Info Sheet_English
- Coronavirus Basic Info Sheet_Xhosa
- Coronavirus Lockdown Info Sheet_Afrikaans
- Coronavirus Lockdown Info Sheet_English
- Coronavirus Lockdown Info Sheet_Xhosa
- Coronavirus_Guidelines on Wearing Public Masks_English
- Coronavirus_Guidelines on Wearing Public Masks_Xhosa
- Coronavirus_Guidelines on Wearing Public Masks_Afrikaans
Articles from Valcare
- From the CEO: Standing United, Staying Informed
- Seeing Opportunities During Times of Crisis
- 15 Tech Tools to Help Nonprofits Work Remotely
- Managing Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Valcare Coordinates Covid-19 Fund to Support Most Vulnerable in Cape Winelands
- 5 Top Tips for Effective Project Management
Weekly Prayer Gatherings
Since a state of disaster was declared mid-March, the Valcare team has been praying every day together with our nonprofit members.
We will now be praying weekly on Mondays, so join us via Zoom, organise your own remote gathering, or pray alone from wherever you are.
We are trusting for restoration, peace, healing and hope.
08:00 – 08:30
#21DaysOfHope & #MondayMotivations
For each day of the lockdown and on a weekly basis thereafter, we are sharing an encouraging verse or quote on our social media pages to keep you inspired and motivated through this challenging time.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Phil 4:6
Spread the Word
Resources to download and use: