Partnership Funding Application Process
Valcare is an Impact Funding Platform that believes that the answer to social change is collaboration. We connect with communities to determine their real needs, assets and potential first and then collaborate with various stakeholders to coordinate a holistic and sustainable impact.
To strengthen our strategic intervention approach, we manage investment funding in carefully selected projects and nonprofit organisations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly does Valcare do?
Who can apply for funding?
- All Valcare member organisations can apply for funding.
- If you are not a registered Valcare member yet, you will have to register to become part of our network first, before you can apply. Click here to apply and pay online.
- If you are currently receiving funding from Valcare or have received funding in the past, you may apply again, even if the funding cycles overlap. You may however not apply for the same activities or projects within your current funding cycle.
- Please note that being a member does not guarantee funding.
Why do we need to be a member first before applying for funding?
- Valcare believes in a collaborative, unified approach when it comes to social development. We facilitate a network of over 200 like-minded nonprofit organisations that are all striving to activate and enable social change in community.
- For a minimal annual fee, there are great benefits to network, build capacity, form partnerships, be part of a united voice and stay connected. Click here to read through these benefits.
What does it cost to become a member?
- Organisations with only volunteers – R250/year
- Organisations with 1-5 paid staff members – R450/year
- Organisations with 6+ paid staff members – R650/year
What is the criteria to apply for funding?
The project should:
- Be a registered Valcare member for 2019.
- Be a registered entity such as an NPO, NPC, NGO or Trust.
- Strive for sustainable impact.
- Address a real need in the community.
- Be Kingdom-minded.
- Adhere to Valcare’s values and governance processes.
- Align with Valcare’s strategy and the reporting standards.
- Engage with networking, capacity building and training opportunities.
- Operate within the Cape Winelands area, whilst preference will be given to projects within the Paarl valley and surrounding areas.
- Please note that Valcare has a limited funding budget available.
Valcare unfortunately does not fund:
- Political parties or organisations promoting political agendas.
- Sport Clubs.
- Early Childhood Development Centres.
- School/University functions/events.
- For-profit businesses.
What is the Funding Application Process?
- Register and pay for Valcare membership.
- Complete the Valcare online Partnership Funding application.
- Valcare will then do a project assessment via:
- Checking criteria and strategy alignment
- Due diligence
- Site visit and interview
- Budget availability
- Final selection will be made by the Valcare project team.
- Communicating if the application was successful or not.
If your application is successful the process will be:
- Sign memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Send invoices to Valcare according to funding agreement.
- Valcare to approve invoices and proceed with payment.
- Valcare’s Monitoring and Evaluation programme starts.
- Submit quarterly reports as per deadlines.
What do I need to do to apply for funding?
You will need to complete our online application form and submit necessary supporting documents.
When can we apply for funding?
Valcare’s application cycle runs bi-annually in January/February and July/August.
What is the duration of funding?
Funding allocated will either be for the duration of your project, or up to twelve months, starting at the end of March and again at the end of September.
2019 Funding Proposals deadlines:
- 5 February 2019 (closed)
- 8 August 2019 (applications open 8 July 2019)