Partnership Funding Application Process
Valcare is an Impact Funding Platform that believes that the answer to social change is collaboration. We connect with communities to determine their real needs, assets and potential first and then collaborate with various stakeholders to coordinate a holistic and sustainable impact.
To strengthen our strategic intervention approach, we manage investment funding in carefully selected projects and nonprofit organisations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly does Valcare do?
Who can apply for funding?
- All Valcare member organisations that meet the criteria can apply for funding.
- If you are not a registered Valcare member yet, you will have to register to become part of our network first, before you can apply. Click here to apply and pay online.
- If you are currently receiving funding from Valcare or have received funding in the past, you may apply again, even if the funding cycles overlap. You may however not apply for the same activities or projects within your current funding cycle.
- Please note that being a member does not guarantee funding.
Why do we need to be a member first before applying for funding?
- Valcare believes in a collaborative, unified approach when it comes to social development. We facilitate a network of over 200 like-minded nonprofit organisations that are all striving to activate and enable social change in community.
- For a minimal annual fee, there are great benefits to network, build capacity, form partnerships, be part of a united voice and stay connected. Click here to read through these benefits.
What does it cost to become a member?
- Organisations with only volunteers – R250/year
- Organisations with 1-5 paid staff members – R450/year
- Organisations with 6+ paid staff members – R650/year
What is the criteria to apply for funding?
The project should:
- Be a registered Valcare member for 2020.
- Be a registered entity such as an NPO, NPC, NGO or Trust.
- Strive for sustainable impact.
- Address a real need in the community.
- Be Kingdom-minded.
- Adhere to Valcare’s values and governance processes.
- Align with Valcare’s strategy and the reporting standards.
- Engage with networking, capacity building and training opportunities.
- Operate within the Cape Winelands area, whilst preference will be given to projects within the Paarl valley and surrounding areas.
- Please note that Valcare has a limited funding budget available.
Valcare unfortunately does not fund:
- Political parties or organisations promoting political agendas.
- Sport Clubs.
- Early Childhood Development Centres.
- School/University functions/events.
- For-profit businesses.
- Soup kitchens.
What is the Funding Application Process?
- Register and pay for Valcare membership.
- Complete the Valcare online Partnership Funding application. Please only submit your application once and only online – do not deliver your application form printed or send it via email as a duplicate.
- Valcare will then do a project assessment via:
– Checking criteria and strategy alignment
– Due diligence
– Site visit and interview
– Budget availability
- Final selection will be made by the Valcare project team
- Communicating if the application was successful or not.
If your application is successful the process will be:
- Sign memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Send invoices to Valcare according to funding agreement.
- Valcare to approve invoices and proceed with payment.
- Valcare’s Monitoring and Evaluation programme starts.
- Submit quarterly reports as per deadlines.
What do I need to do to apply for funding?
You will need to complete our online application form during open application windows, and submit necessary supporting documents.
When can we apply for funding?
- March 2020 Partner Funding
– Applications open 19 November 2019 and close 31 January 2020 12:00.
– Funding feedback given by 21 February 2020.
– Funding period starts 1 March 2020 (funds transferred at the end of the month).
- September 2020 Partner Funding
– Applications open 3 March 2020 and close 1 June 2020 12:00.
– Funding feedback given by 1 July 2020.
– Funding period starts 1 September 2020 (funds transferred at the end of the month).
- March 2021 Partner Funding
– Applications open 1 September 2020 and close 13 November 2020 12:00.
– Funding feedback given by 10 December 2020.
– Funding period starts 1 March 2021 (funds transferred at the end of the month).
Please note: Based on valuable feedback from our member organisations, Valcare has made two mutually-beneficial changes to the Partner Funding application process:
LONGER APPLICATION PERIODS
What has changed? The application period for each funding cycle will no longer be limited to one month, but you will have two to three months to submit your proposal for the next cycle.
Why has it changed? A longer application period will give you more time to prepare your information, and will allow the Valcare team to review the applications as they are submitted, as well as giving us enough time to engage with new members and query details.
LONGER NOTICE PERIODS
What has changed? The notice period where Valcare informs members whether or not their application has been successful, will be extended to two months before the funding cycle starts.
Why has it changed? This will give unsuccessful applicants more time to consider additional options for funding needs, and allow enough preparation time for successful projects.
What is the duration of funding?
Funding allocated will either be for the duration of your project, or up to twelve months, commencing at the respective funding dates above.
2020 Funding Proposals Deadlines:
- 31 January 2020 12:00 (opening 19 November 2019)
- 1 June 2020 12:00 (opening 3 March 2020)
- 13 November 2020 12:00 (opening 1 September 2020)
Please note that no applications will be accepted after the deadlines and specific times mentioned.
Application Assistance from Valcare
If you don’t have access to the internet or experience technical difficulties to complete the form yourself, please make an appointment with the Valcare team to assist you in our office in Paarl.