Partnership Funding Application Process
Valcare is a nonprofit company that manages social investment funds on behalf of funders. We facilitate a membership network and collaborate with various stakeholders to coordinate a holistic and sustainable impact.
Funding Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can apply for funding?
- All registered Valcare member organisations that meet the criteria can apply for funding.
- If you are not a registered Valcare member for 2021 yet, you will have to register to become part of our network first, before you can apply. Click here to apply and pay online.
- If you are currently receiving funding from Valcare or have received funding in the past, you may apply again, even if the funding cycles overlap. You may however not apply for the same activities or projects within your current funding cycle.
- Please note that being a member does not guarantee funding.
Why do we need to be a member first before applying for funding?
- Valcare believes in a collaborative, unified approach when it comes to social development. We facilitate a network of over 100 like-minded nonprofit organisations that are all striving to activate and enable social change in community.
- For a minimal annual fee, there are great benefits to network, build capacity, form partnerships, be part of a united voice and stay connected. Click here to read through these benefits.
What does it cost to become a member?
2021 Membership Fees:
- Organisations with only volunteers – R250/year
- Organisations with 1-5 paid staff members – R450/year
- Organisations with 6+ paid staff members – R650/year
What is the criteria to apply for funding?
The project should:
- Be a registered Valcare member for 2021.
- Be a registered entity such as an NPO, NPC, NGO or Trust.
- Strive for sustainable impact.
- Address a real need in the community.
- Be Kingdom-minded.
- Adhere to Valcare’s values and governance processes.
- Align with Valcare’s strategy and the reporting standards.
- Engage with networking, capacity building and training opportunities.
- Operate within the Cape Winelands area, whilst preference will be given to projects within the Paarl valley and surrounding areas.
- Please note that Valcare has a limited funding budget available.
Valcare unfortunately does not fund:
- Political parties or organisations promoting political agendas.
- Sport Clubs.
- Early Childhood Development Centres.
- School/University functions/events.
- For-profit businesses.
What is the Social Investment and Funding Process?
- Register and pay for Valcare membership.
- Complete the Valcare online Partnership Funding application. Please only submit your application once and only online – do not deliver your application form printed or send it via email as a duplicate.
- Valcare will then do a project assessment via: Checking criteria and strategy alignment, due diligence, site visit and interview and budget availability.
- Final selection will be made by the Valcare project team
- Communicating if the application was successful or not.
If your application is successful the process will be:
- Sign memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Send invoices to Valcare according to funding agreement.
- Valcare to approve invoices and proceed with payment.
- Valcare’s Monitoring and Evaluation programme starts.
- Submit quarterly reports as per deadlines.
What do I need to do to apply for funding?
You will need to complete our online application form during open application windows, and submit necessary supporting documents.
When can we apply for funding?
- September 2021 Funding Cycle
– Applications open 3 May 2021 and close 4 June 2021.
– Funding feedback given by 1 August 2021.
– Funding period starts 1 September 2021 (funds transferred at the end of the month).
Please note that no applications will be accepted after the deadlines and specific times mentioned.
What is the duration of funding?
Funding allocated will either be for the duration of your project, or up to twelve months, commencing at the respective funding dates above.
Application Assistance from Valcare
If you don’t have access to the internet or experience technical difficulties to complete the form yourself, please make an appointment with the Valcare team to assist you.