Valcare Vacancy: Programme CoordinatorDecember 12, 2018
Valcare is a Not for Profit Company (NPC) based in Paarl, Western Cape, with a vision to activate and enable social change in community. We do this through community engagement, needs analysis, strategic interventions and coordinated efforts with key stakeholders, with programme management and delivery forming a vital aspect of these operations.
Valcare seeks to employ a full-time Programme Coordinator in a permanent position, to oversee and manage aspects of intervention programme development and delivery.
The key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development, expansion, integration and implementation of Valcare’s community development intervention strategy in the Drakenstein Valley.
- Manage relationships with various sectors and industries including NGOs, community leaders, municipalities, relevant district and provincial departments, and other collaboration and funding partners operational in the Drakenstein Valley.
- Daily intervention programme management and control throughout the programme life cycle.
- Support the development of intervention programmes including base line surveys and intervention needs analysis, engagement and network building processes.
- Set up and maintain systems, structures and procedures to ensure efficient and effective achievement of interventions programme deliverables.
- Assisting in monthly monitoring of each project partner or intervention project, measuring the progress and impact generated by the Partners and reviewing of KPIs.
- Promote the overall implementation of the development vision of Valcare.
- A university degree (postgraduate degree preferable) in a relevant field including but not limited to sustainability and community development and investment.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant field including but not limited to sustainability and community development and investment.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a programme and project management role.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required. Proficiency in Afrikaans and/or isiXhosa preferable.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve socio-economic, development and network building challenges.
- Agreement with Valcare’s core values.
- Valcare offers a market related salary package, including expenses and travel allowances, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Successful applicants will be stationed at the Valcare offices in Paarl but will conduct regular site visits and must be prepared to travel nationally if necessary.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen or have a valid South African work permit.
- Applicants must have their own vehicle and a valid South African driver’s licence.
- Applications, must include a letter of motivation and CV with at least three references.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Programme Coordinator Application and your name, by midnight 20 January 2019.
- Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date of this advert your application has not been successful.